Tuesday, June 28, 2011

50 Reasons. A comprehensive list.

A fellow graphic designer friend of mine shared this page authored by another Graphic Designer a while back. It was a nice read and many of it holds true among designers haha so here ya go.
50 reason not to date a Graphic Designer. (with some of my own thoughts and commentary)

1. They are very weird people. Those who have known me can testify to this hahaha!
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer. Definitely. We're here to take over the world
3. They will analyse conversations in layers. I analyze everything!
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA. Well so far not my own, but the ones my family buys
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging. Indeed.
6. They hate each other. Only if we disagree violently :D
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits. Maybe~ ok fine half the credits O:
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch. Nah... I'd just rather change the light bulb and get it over with
9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters. Oh yes indeed. Not just tables, anything that has a flat surface is not safe from us.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say. Take it as a way we avoid retorting with a particularly sarcastic remark.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings. So far they are all only in my room. But they may soon encroach out and take over the house.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos. Hasn't occurred to me to do that yet. But the idea is appealing.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters. Guilty as charged.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues. Indeed.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes. Yeap I have a hot finger behind the camera but I mostly like to keep my photos intact.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want. Hell yeahhhhhh
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late. Abit unfortunate for me since tardiness is one of my inherent traits.

19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica. HAHAHAHAHA!
20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them. Ah well is not my house now but yeah stay out of my room.
22. They steal street signs. The thought has definitely occurred to me plenty a time even before I read this list but have yet to commit the act :D
23. Always carry their hands painted with something. Nahhh not me...
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint. Just like stealing street signs. It did seemed appealing. But I have yet to do something like that.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as … Yes. Inherent creativity does that eh?
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately) LOL!
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
Well I have no idea what the Pantone book is but yes general looks of appraisal from the public always suggests that I do not know how to dress. But of course I'm left handed and we're known to dress for comfort rather than style.
28. They hate Excel. Ewwwwwwwwww...... Hate with passion I might add
29. They read comics. Mmmmhmmmmm
30. They want to save the world only with a poster. An award-winning poster I might add.
31. You will spend the day brainstorming. Only when the time calls for it.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach. Nawww I love beaches but yeah I'll most probably go to an obscure country.
33. Museums are their second home. Nahhh... not for me
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra. LOL now I don't know about that, only a few can testify and non willing to hahaha
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design. Yes every single time.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh yess.
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients. Which is why aunty tries to keep me out of the kitchen.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics … Now is that a bad thing?
39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their facebook and twitter.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed. Not true
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia. Well macromedia was sucky until Adobe gave them a new pair of wings.
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city. Ah yes.... art shops..
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store. Oh yes I so want to....
44. You will never understand their gifts. Yeap many a time I received an incredulous look to what I thought was a perfectly understandable gift hahahaha
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA -refer to no.1-
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearing them screaming “When is the deadline?” Oh yess... our personal nightmares forced upon us by faceless clients that wait behind our eye-lids every night preparing to give us a "good nights" sleep
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix. LOL I never thought of it that way. But yeahhh...
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs. Ah... when will that much vaunted day come?
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift. So far.. I've yet to pay for a font :D
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7. Eyebags are our legacy.



So yeah folks. 50 really good reasons why I'm still single.
But so much more like "50 traits of graphic designers" Hope this has been an enjoyable read up.

-Kent

No comments: